Stylish Pair of Edwardian English heavy gauge Corinthian Column Sterling Silver Single Five Light Table Candelabra of outstanding quality and seldom offered large proportions.
Mark of Barker Brothers Silver Ltd.
Birmingham Hallmark for 1927.
The central candleholder with four outswept similar with acanthus leaf capped arms, supported by a single corinthian central support with a fluted column ending on a square stepped base. The removable support can be used as a single candlestick, see images.
Height: (an impressive) 18.25” (46.5cm). Width: (at widest area) 14” (35.5cm). Depth: (at widest area) 14” (35.5cm).
Total Weight: (an impressive) 92.1ozs (2.606gramms). Including loaded base
Condition: Superb condition with no imperfections with clear crisp hallmarks. Fully loaded, original firm fitting drip pans which are each marked.
Location: Dublin City, Ireland.
Worldwide Store to door shipping.
Business established in Birmingham in 1801. The firm still possesses the original Boulton & Watt dies acquired during its early days of manufacturing. The business appears in an 1871 directory as Barker Brothers, silversmiths active in Paradise Street.
In 1903 they moved to new factory premises, Unity Works, Constitution Hill, Birmingham, where it remained until the 1980s maintaining a London showroom during the early part of the 20th century.
In 1907 the firm was converted into a limited liability company under the style Barker Brothers Silversmiths Ltd.
Levi & Salaman Ltd and its subsidiary Potosi Silver Co were incorporated by Barker Brothers in 1921.
In the 1960s, merging with Ellis & Co (Birmingham) Ltd, the firm changed to Barker Ellis Silver Co Ltd. Members of Greenberg Family were partners in Ellis & Co.